Summer Solstice Dinner at the Food Bank Rooftop!
Thank you to all who supported the University District Food Bank and attended our beautiful Summer Solstice dinner in June! This event was an auction item from our 2021 Take A Bite Out of Hunger auction to support our Rooftop Roots program and enjoy dinner and drinks in the Food Bank’s rooftop garden.
Thank you to Cameron Catering for the providing a delicious summer menu and to Skip Tognetti of Letterpress Distilling for crafting a signature cocktail called “Paper Plane” with Letterpress Amaro, 2BAR Spirts Bourbon, Aperol, and lemon juice. Letterpress and 2BAR are also auction donors and we thank them for their ongoing support!
Additionally, Sommelier Lee Spires provided wine for the evening including Miraval Rose, Rotation Chardonnay, Sparkman Sauvignon Blanc, and Chateau Grand Village Bordeaux.
Solstice Dinner Menu by Cameron Catering
- Endive Spear filled with Goat Cheese Mousse and Balsamic Strawberry Relish
- Pepita-Crusted Chicken Skewer
- Bing Cherry, Jalapeño and Lime Pico de Gallo
- Polenta Cakes Topped with Romesco and a Smoky Grilled Prawn
- Garlic-Roasted Chicken Topped with Spring Pea Pesto and Crispy Pancetta
- Seasonal Quinoa Vegetable Cakes – roasted vegetable and quinoa cakes served with basil aioli
- Spring Salad of Garden Greens and Rainbow Chard with Cherry Belle Radish, Snap Peas, Buttermilk and Garlic Chive Dressing
- Bull’s Blood Raw Beet Salad with University District Food Bank Spring Herbs, Toasted Almonds, and Sesame
- Rolls and Butter
Family Style Desserts:
- Chef’s Selection of Petite Desserts
- Miniature Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Lemoncello Madeleine