Walk-Up Food Bank
As of June 6, 2022, we have returned to in-person grocery shopping. Customers are invited into our store space to select the groceries which they want to take home. We offer a balance of food choices across a healthy eating spectrum. We try to provide food for several days but please follow posted shopping guidelines so that food is available for all our customers.
We do our best, but sometimes we won’t have everything you hope to find.
If there are foods you would like to find on our shelves, please let us know (leave a note in our comment box, tell a food bank staff person) so that we can look for ways to include these foods in the future. We are always excited to consider more produce, dairy, and protein options.
If you are uncomfortable shopping in our store directly, you can complete a shopping preference form and a volunteer shopper can collect your groceries while you wait.
We are open for walk-up services on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. We offer fresh fruits and vegetables, dairy, frozen meat, canned and dried goods, toiletries, baby formula, diapers, and pet food plus connections to important community resources.
We primarily support community members from zip codes 98102, 98103, 98105, 98112, 98115, and 98125. Customers may visit once per week during any of our open hours. We can also help you find more food help if we aren’t meeting your needs. Just ask or check with the Community Information Line (just dial 2-1-1 or toll free at 1-800-621-4636) and the Crisis Connections website.
We primarily serve Northeast Seattle residents from zip codes 98102, 98103, 98105, 98112, 98115, or 98125 and those who are currently unsheltered in our community.
On your first visit (and once a year after that), we will ask for some basic household information (address, family size and ages). This information is optional, but it really helps us plan our services. We never share your personal information unless you ask us to do so.
Come to the food bank when it is convenient for you. Our operating hours are arranged to help accommodate your schedule.
- 9 am – 3:00 pm
- 11 am – 7:00 pm
- 11 am – 7:00 pm
- 11am – 4:00 pm
**On Tuesday and Thursday, the last customer shopper can enter at 7pm. We provide volunteer personal shopping until 8pm. **
We encourage you to arrive at least 15 minutes before we close to ensure that you have sufficient time for your own shopping.
**Please note our REVISED HOURS above. These begin 6/6/2022.**
We are always closed on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the Friday after it, and
Any other closures will be announced on our homepage.
We are open on MLK Day and Presidents’ Day.
Please Observe These Community Guidelines
- Please respect public health physical distancing mandates. Stay safe. Stay 6 feet apart from other customers.
- Masks are required at all food bank service points.
- You may receive groceries only once per week. We can help you find other resources if you need more food assistance.
- Help us stay on good terms with our neighbors.
- Don’t litter, use our trash can out front. If it is full, let a volunteer know so we can empty it.
- Don’t park in our neighbors’ parking spaces, his includes the lots at Scarecrow Video and Planned Parenthood. We know parking can be a challenge, but there are often spaces on many of the nearby streets.
- Don’t park in the bike lane, we need to keep that clear for safe travel.
- Try to arrive 30 minutes before our posted closing time each day. It really helps us serve you better.