OUR ONGOING COVID-19 RESPONSE
DONATIONS: We are accepting and in need of your donations. If you have donations please bring them to the food bank at 5017 Roosevelt Way NE and enter through the garage. Nonperishable items can be placed in the red barrels just inside the garage on the left side. Perishable items should be given directly to food bank staff.
High need items include:
- any hygiene/sanitary products (toilet paper, tampons/pads, bar soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrushes and toothpaste, razors, and shaving cream),
- diapers, especially sizes 4-6 for infants and adult diapers
- shelf stable dairy and dairy alternatives
- pantry staples (cooking oil, spices, flour, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, masa, corn meal)
- canned foods (soups, protein, and fruit items)
- grains (rice, pasta, couscous, quinoa) and cereals
- handled paper grocery bags
- clean egg cartons
Monetary donations are always appreciated and are very useful for ensuring that our shelves remain well stocked.
VOLUNTEERS: We need more volunteers now than ever before. Community support through COVID has been incredible, but it takes more people helping in order to provide all our services today. Learn more and apply to be a volunteer. We offer monthly virtual orientation programs to help you learn more about our operations, though you don’t need to attend one before starting your first shift. If you can’t commit to a regular schedule, we also have a “Sub List” where weekly open shifts are listed for your short term consideration.