Join our volunteer team
Did you know that we need more than 500 volunteers each week to keep our community well fed?
With just a 3 hour commitment each week, you will make an important difference in the lives of our neighbors.
Ready to volunteer? Here’s how:
- For all individuals and families (non-groups), please complete this volunteer application.
- Our volunteer coordinator will reach out with more info. You will receive a welcome email when we are ready to start the process! Follow the instructions in the welcome email and schedule your first shift with our volunteer coordinator. Please allow at least 2 weeks for your application to be processed before reaching out.
- Come to your first shift, get orientated to your role and set your schedule.
- Welcome to the team!
Volunteers help us:
- rescue food from local businesses
- unload food deliveries
- sort rescued food to ensure that only safe and healthy options are distributed
- ensure that our shelves remain full and well stocked during open hours of distribution
- pack up bags of groceries when our customers finish their shopping
- deliver food to homebound seniors so they can remain well nourished
- raise the funds we need to feed our community
- advocate for strong policies to affirm our community values and protect our neighbors struggling to meet their basic needs
- guide our strategic direction to ensure that we are responsible stewards and effectively meeting our community’s need for food
- succeed at our mission and serve our community with dignity and respect
We’d love to host your group! Please note we are a smaller food bank and we are unable to accommodate groups larger than 15 people.
For more information, or to schedule group volunteering please send a direct email to firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about availability.
Number of volunteers expected:
What you hope to get out of your volunteer experience with us:
Days and times you may be available:
We will get back to you if we can match you with an opportunity!
Standing times we have for groups at the food bank are Fridays 5-7pm and Saturday 12:00-2:00pm. Some Sunday’s on request.
We may be able to work with you to find another time that could work to host your group. But if you can make the two times listed please let us know in your email.
Please note, we are unable to accommodate volunteer numbers of more than 15 people. For numbers larger than 15 people, there are other extremely helpful and supportive ways you can get involved with our food bank.
We are always in need of food and supplies! You can host a food drive with your group outside of local stores or ask for donations in your office or neighborhood, host a hygiene supplies drive, collect handled paper bags, and much more. Please inquire for more information about these options or support you may need to take this task on. Past groups have tabled outside of Trader Joe’s, PCC and Safeway stores. The food is then dropped off at the food bank at the end of the drive. This uber important support helps keep our shelves stocked and provides variety.