Join our volunteer team
Did you know that we need more than 100 volunteers each week to keep our community well fed?
With just a 3 hour commitment each week, you will make an important difference in the lives of our neighbors.
Want to help out? Here’s how.
- Complete this brief volunteer interest form.
- Attend a short orientation session at the food bank.
- Schedule your first shift with Dave, our volunteer coordinator.
- Begin your volunteering.
Volunteers help us:
- rescue food from local businesses,
- unload food deliveries,
- sort rescued food to ensure that only safe and healthy options are distributed,
- ensure that our shelves remain full and well stocked during open hours of distribution,
- pack up bags of groceries when our customers finish their shopping,
- deliver food to homebound seniors so they can remain well nourished,
- raise the funds we need to feed our community,
- advocate for strong policies to affirm our community values and protect our neighbors struggling to meet their basic needs,
- guide our strategic direction to ensure that we are responsible stewards and effectively meeting our community’s need for food, and
- succeed at our mission and serve our community with dignity and respect.