We’re excited to be participating in the Seattle Foundation’s annual GiveBIG event for the sixth year in a row. During GiveBig 2015, we had 127 donations totaling $25,827. In this year of so much growth and transition for our food bank, we hope we can count on your support to top that number! Donations will allow us to purchase nutritious foods and provide key services to our hungry neighbors.
Donations made through our GiveBIG page on May 3rd will be stretched by 8.5-11% through the Seattle Foundation’s matching funds. This allows you as an individual to make an even larger impact on reducing food insecurity in Northeast Seattle.
- $500 buys a week’s supply of fresh, locally grown produce for the 95 families in our Home Delivery program.
- $250 allows us to offer 2 lbs. of oranges to each family that visits us for a day.
- $100 funds the fresh fruit that we include in our weekend Packs For Kids program.
- $50 lets us buy a case of military-style can openers to distribute to customers experiencing homeless throughout the year.
- $25 provides milk for 10 families during the week.
Thanks to your support, we are able to serve 1,100 families, deliver food to 95 homebound adults, and provide weekend food to 500 middle, elementary and high school students through our Packs For Kids program weekly.
So remember to mark your calendar for May 3rd, or schedule your donation in advance on the GiveBIG homepage: https://givebig.seattlefoundation.org/
On #GiveBIG Days 1 & 2, we received 176 donations totaling $26,935 (before the stretch). Thank you for helping us exceed our goal!